5 MUST-HAVE career & life skills professionals of today need to succeed:
1. Communication & Networking skills- It’s not enough to be just good at your work, you also need to communicate your expertise to the world effectively. Mastering the art of personal branding, storytelling & networking are essential.
2. Leadership skills- People misunderstand leadership with managing large teams, but it’s not! It’s all about THOUGHT LEADERSHIP. Whatever subject/domain you choose, be damn good at it.
3. Ability to UNLEARN & RELEARN-The pace at which the industry is moving right now is insane. What was relevant last year is obsolete now. So, if you don’t keep up with the pace of the industry, you will become a dinosaur story.
4. Attitude – Have a grounded attitude & be realistic in your approach. Be ready to get your hands dirty, roll up your sleeves & get things done. No matter who you are (title/age/etc), you got to be an individual contributor.
5. Find what you LOVE – Sooner or later, you will face hurdles/failures in your field. If you don’t love what you do, you will not have the drive to pursue excellence. Experiment & find what you love. Also, make money through your passion. That’s real fun.