Almost everyone will make a good first-day impression but a very few make a lasting good impression.
A person once approached and questioned me , ‘Vishwas, what are the key things to do in the first 30 days of a new job to be successful?
Everyone wishes to be successful at their new job, So here are few tips to be followed for attaining that success
1. Understand your roles & responsibilities.
2. Understand your organization structure.
3. Introduce yourself to people proactively. They need to know someone passionate has joined.
4. Be early to office & be punctual.
5. Ask questions, understand how things work, projects, clients, etc.
6. Don’t wait for someone to give you tasks. Be proactive & ask for work. Work hard & deliver on time with exceptional quality. This will set your impression as a great performer immediately.
7. Analyze your new team. Stay away from people who play politics. Attend all meetings & go prepared. Showcase your well-thought-out ideas & stand out.
8. Put in extra effort & showcase additional things (POCs, reports, analysis, etc) that is not expected of you.
9. Send weekly reports to your manager highlighting key accomplishments & challenges
10. Be positive. Always wear a smile. Don’t discuss people, discuss ideas.