We all love promotions, don’t we? But how do we actually go about successfully bagging one?
Here are 10 things you should start doing right now to let your managers know that you are due for a promotion.
1. Be result oriented. Efforts matter, but results speak more if you need to move up.
2. Believe in yourself & have an agenda/plan to take your company/team to the next level.
3. Be positive & humble. Always wear a smile & exude energy.
4. Don’t complain. Be a problem solver, remove roadblocks & get things done.
5. Be self-driven & proactive. Ask for more responsibilities & prove with measurable results.
6. Engage with leadership. Understand who will decide upon your promotion. Ensure they value your contribution/results. Talk about your promotion ahead of time.
7. Brand yourself & network internally with employees & externally with clients. More the people know about your work, more they value you.
8. Request feedback from your boss ahead of time. Introspect & correct your course.
9. Be a team player. Help others succeed. Your value shoots up instantly.
10. Be a thought leader. Understand your domain very well & become a mentor.
If you diligently follow these steps, the big promotion WILL come your way.
Remember-Power is not given. Power is taken.